Friday, December 27, 2013

A New Year's Coming

These are the last three of my New Year's post cards for the swap. I used mixed media paper and cut my own 4" x 6" postcards - rather than buying them. In the last two cards I tried something new. Not sure how I like it yet. I used pen nibs and a speedball wand, which I dipped into Liquitex Acrylic Ink to draw the pink string and the green vines. Other colors in the cards came from Grumbacher Translucent Watercolors, Wink of Stella Glitter Markers, and At You Spica pens. It's almost new year's day. The cards are in the mail. It's a new record :).
The Creator's Leaf

2 comments:

  1. Very well done, especially considering all that you've had to contend with. My eye keeps going to that first one.The way you have used Henna Drum on your Speedball Scrolls & your tangleation of Merryweather (I think, unless it's Bales) in the green & black irregular grid form.
    Take care
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. I love the background colors and that you tried new things. Zia's are great for trying new techniques to add our beloved tangles to. I hope I get one of yours! Happy New Year, Alice!

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).