Sunday, December 1, 2013

Stenciled Flowers

This background was built on 11" x 14" Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface. 
I made a whole bunch of these at once, using paper from one pad of bristol. 
The bright colors came from two Dylusions Ink Sprays -  Lemon Zest and Funky Fuchsia.
I am always amazed at the colors I get when I start mixing these sprays with a little spritz of water and let them just blend into each other.
This is another example of what I showed you two posts ago.
I used a new Joggles stencil called Flowerburst.
I just placed it down on top of my colored background,
spritzed water over the stencil, and let it sit for about 15-20 seconds.
Then I removed the stencil and let it sit another 15-20 seconds.
Then I blotted the excess water away with a paper towel, 
and let the color continue lifting for a short while.
I love the results once the color has been lifted, 
leaving behind the image of the stencil.
Then I finished drying the whole page with a heat gun.
Now it's ready for some tangling.
I can't wait to get started on this one!
(I know, I say that every time! But it's true!)

4 comments:

  1. Looks spectacular - like sunbursts or perhaps starbursts but that needs a lot of imagination. Looking forward to seeing how those tangles interact with this.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! thanks, paula! i'll be working on this over the next week or so - a little at a time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the third picture. The splotchy area in the lower left, speaks to me! You make this so fun! Thanks Alice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lots of fun to make, you never know exactly what is going to happen so it is a pleasant surprise every time :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).