Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Still Sittin'

I am still attached to this chaise lounge and getting incredibly tired of it! My foot seems to be feeling better, get rechecked next week. The only tangible positive is that I am getting lots of tangling done. Working on more bookmarks for a swap I am part of. Couldn't decide whether to color the mak-rah-mee in the center and decided to just go for it and do it. Which do you prefer? You know how I am about color, so I don't even need to tell you which one I prefer.
I put a quick shot of this on facebook earlier in the week. Here it is cleaned up a bit. Those shapes came courtesy of a stencil used over Dylusions Ink Sprays. This one was a lot of fun! Now, back to sitting. Ugh.

The Creator's Leaf

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love this art you showed. (I am wondering if we are in the same bookmark swap ... on FB?) I have been hesitant to try the Mak-Rah-Mee because I have such problems with ones like that, no matter how much I try, but i am going to give it another go after seeing your art! Thanks for being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. with that mak-rah-mee, just start with a grid of 9 dots, 3 rows of 3, and build that center section first. then just have fun flowing the rest of the lines from there. the little bits of tipple help cover up any stray pen lines :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you're sitting' & that there seems to be progress. I am itching to have a go with mak-rah-mee but a few other things need doing first. I love the coloured one - it's the way it just pops against the background tangles. I can see you had great fun with all those stencilled shapes - looks brilliant & I can imagine once it's all chopped up it will be even more interesting. I especially like that one on the far right with some extra green colour in it.
    Do take care
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these were definitely fun to do. hard to think up different ways to tangle that last one, but worth the time it took :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).